的 美国残疾人法案 (ADA) was enacted by Congress in 1990 to protect individuals with disabilities from discrimination in access to employment, 政府ernmental services and 项目, 公共设施, 运输, 和电信. 如法律所述, the ADA is "an Act to establish a clear and comprehensive prohibition of discrimination on the basis of disability."
Court ADA Accommodations and Grievance Procedure Information
- Model ADA Accommodation Request
- Directory of 太阳城注册 ADA Coordinators - 2022年12月修订
- State Courts System Grievance Procedure (Designation of Responsible Person and Internal Grievance Procedure for the Supreme Court and State Courts System)
- 投诉表格 (美国残疾人法案 of 1990 Statement of Grievance)
State Courts System ADA Guidelines
的se guidelines have been developed to assist judges and staff in implementing the ADA in the court system.
的 第一篇指南 were prepared to assist elected officials, nonjudicial军官, and supervisors in ensuring compliance with the employment provisions of the ADA. Included are a practical summary of Title I, an overview of the legal obligations in recruiting practices and the interview process, and available references and resources.
的 第二篇指引 were prepared to assist judicial officers and courthouse personnel in understanding the state and local 政府ernment provisions of the ADA and to assist them in ensuring that architectural or communication barriers do not obstruct any person's access to the courts. Included are a practical summary of Title II, an overview of accessibility requirements, and guidance on determining appropriate accommodations.
的 ADA is organized into five titles that provide definitions and prohibitions of disability within a specific arena:
- Title I applies to employment and provides protection for qualified applicants and employees, including judges and court staff.
- Title II applies to 项目 and services of state and local 政府ernments, 包括司法部门. Title II provides that "subject to the provisions of this title, no qualified individual with a disability shall, 由于这种残疾, be excluded from participation in or be denied the benefits of the services, 项目, or activities of a public entity, or be subjected to discrimination by any such entity."
- Title III applies to 公共设施 and services operated by private entities. 例如律师, 介质, 医生, 酒店, 运输服务, 餐厅, 商店, 航空公司, 还有购物中心.
- Title IV applies to telecommunications.
- Title V contains miscellaneous provisions.
Agencies below provide informal guidance in understanding and complying with different provisions of the ADA.
的 Department of Justice offers technical assistance on the ADA Standards for Accessible Design and other ADA provisions applying to businesses, 非营利性服务机构, and state and local 政府ernment 项目. It also provides information on how to file ADA complaints.
- 800-514-0383 (TDD)
- Equal 就业 Opportunity Commission offers technical assistance on the ADA provisions applying to employment; also provides information on how to file ADA complaints.
- 800-669-6820 (TDD)
- 800-800-3302 (TDD)
- 跳板, or Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board, offers technical assistance on the ADA Accessibility Guidelines.
- 800-993-2822 (TDD)
- U.S. 部门. of Justice ADA Best Practices Tool Kit for State and Local Government
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN) -美国提供的一项服务.S. Department of Labor's Office of Disability 就业 Policy, JAN免费提供, 专家, and confidential guidance on workplace accommodations and disability employment issues.
- Florida Coordinating Council for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing