If you have a civil legal problem but cannot afford to hire a private lawyer, you still may have access to the legal system through your local legal services-legal aid organization which provides free or low cost legal services to persons with low incomes. Information about many of these local services can be found online through the websites listed below.
National and State-Wide Websites
- LawHelp.org is the gateway to legal aid providers in every state.
- FloridaLawHelp.org is the gateway to Florida legal resources.
- Florida Rural Legal Services (provides high-quality civil legal services to address the special legal needs of migrant and seasonal farmworkers throughout Florida.)
- Free Legal Answers – This is a virtual legal advice clinic where you can ask a question and get an answer.
Local Legal Aid Websites
- Florida Rural Legal Services (serving 13 counties across Florida: Hardee, Highlands, Polk, Charlotte, Desoto, Glades, Hendry, Lee, Martin, Okeechobee, Indian River, St. Lucie and Palm Beach.)
- Bay Area Legal Services (serving the Tampa Bay area)
- Brevard County Legal Aid, Inc.
- Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida, Inc. (serving 12 counties in Central Florida: Citrus, Hernando, Lake, Marion, Sumter, Orange, Osceola, Putnam, Volusia, and Seminole counties)
- MyFloridaCounty.com (Child Support)
- Florida Legal Services, Inc. (Serving clients in all Florida counties, physical offices in Newberry and Orlando)
- Florida Justice Institute - Miami
- Heart of Florida Legal Aid Society, Inc. (serving Hardee, Highlands, and Polk Counties)
- Gulfcoast Legal Services (serving Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas and Sarasota counties)
- Jacksonville Area Legal Aid
- Lee County Legal Aid Society, Inc.
- Legal Aid of Manasota (Sarasota, Bradenton and Venice)
- Legal Aid Society of Collier County, Inc.
- Legal Aid Society of the Orange County Bar Association, Inc.
- Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County
- Legal Services of North Florida (locations in Fort Walton, Panama City, Pensacola, Quincy, and Tallahassee)
- Legal Services of Greater Miami, Inc. (serving Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties)
- Seminole County Bar Association Legal Aid Society
- Southern Legal Counsel
- Three Rivers Legal Services (serving 17 counties within Gainesville, Jacksonville, and Lake City)
- Legal Aid Service of Broward County
- Coast to Coast Legal Aid of South Florida
- Community Law Program (serving Pinellas County, Florida)